My goal is to help you re-imagine your life and let go of thoughts and behaviours that undermine you, so that a renewed and fulfilled you can emerge. With extensive experience in Child and Clinical Psychology and a vast history of client success, my individualized approach will help you attain your goals.
Should you wish to talk about your overwhelmed feelings or worries, I can help you to resolve your problems, empowering you to achieve your goals through a treatment which going to be created and personalised to your needs.
My working passion is the decoding of emotional difficulty or mental dysfunction, providing long-lasting effects to the client’s well-being and happiness. I am interested in the impact of the early stage of development on the growing personality and on the clients' later life. My focus has been always client’s needs to which I adjust, applying a wide range of different techniques and models such as: CBT/Rational Emotional Behavioural Therapy, Systemic Family Therapy and Psychoanalytic models.
My areas of expertise:
· Trauma and post traumatic stress disorder
· Socio-emotional difficulties
· Personal Development
· Infertility, Abortion and Miscarriage
· Weaning and Separation
· Prenatal and postnatal depression
· Deep depression and self-harm
· Feeling anxious and worried
· Feeling low and depressed
· Lack of confidence and self –esteem
· Children's' anxiety and worry
· Siblings, peers and their conflict in the relationship
· Difficulties to make friends; shyness and social difficulties
· Neglect; abuse; bullying
· Distress, sleeping difficulties , sleepwalking, nightmares
· School and nursery avoidance
· Anger management
· Stress management
· Loss of a loved one
· Problems in the relationship: improve the relationship, save the relationship, improve communication; affairs, separation, divorce and ways of ending the relationship
· Jealousy and frustration in a love relationship
· Love, passion and envy feelings
· Hate, anger, love and guilt in the relationship
· Psychosis early intervention
· OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder
· Neuropsychological disorder
· ADHD, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
· ASD autism spectrum disorder
· Tics, Tourette Syndrome
· Gender dysphoria
· Identity issues
· Substance misuse
· Eating Disorders: anorexia nervosa, bulimia, psychosomatic issues of vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea , lost appetite As a professionally trained and experienced a clinical psychologist , I have the tools and understanding to help you to create the life you imagine and get a renewed sense of self. I can help you change your perception of life so that it is filled with vitality and enthusiasm.
Something interesting about my approach
I would like to draw your attention to my approach and the particular technique that I have been applying for 20 years. The technique based on Winnicotts' (1971) approach and recently has developed by Dr Brafman (2012). Personally, I have found this very useful in my clinical work and my clients loved the moment when they become acquainted with the deepest secret of their personality, feeling the power inside of them.
Diplomas and Certificate
I have a range of qualifications and my diplomas and certificates were gained in:
· CBT Cognitive Behaviour Therapy/REBT, Rational Emotional Behaviour Therapy
· The Tavistock Model of Psychoanalytic work with Parents, Infants and Young Children
· Brief Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
· Psychoanalytic Observational Studies
· Certificate in Systemic Family Therapy
· Achieving Best Evidence, Ministry of Justice
Published Papers and Workshops
Some examples of my skills can be seen in my clinical papers entitled "Power of Drawing" and "Drawing and Anxiety". These papers were published in an international journal ‘Acta- Medica’ where is explained the particular technique that I have been applying more than 20 years in work with children.
‘Mindful Parenting’, my own workshop for parents realized in May 2015.
Registered and Accredited
HCPC, Health &Care Professions Council UK
TSP N01674 UK
I have regular supervision, attend courses and workshops for my professional development and I am fully insured and have updated CRB.
You can book an appointment and call me on 07944941188 or email me on DrVesnaEric@gmail.com
Committing to a healthier lifestyle is just that – a commitment, and it’s a big one that will take a lot a dedication. But believe me when I tell you it will be worth it. My personal commitment is to provide you with accountability, understanding and support while accomplishing lasting growth.
“It is weird, how little we need to be happy and even more weird, as we often miss it a bit.”
Ivo Andrić Nobel Prize-winning writer
Here are just a few testimonials from my patients who are the real-life winners and comments of the experts who talked and acknowledged my approach with an appreciation.
I consulted Dr Vesna to help me with my situation. I have a son (12years old) that he struggled with the school education levels and behaviour as well. It was a very difficult moment in our life.
From the beginning, Dr Vesna was warm, friendly and totally professional. She helped me, through different techniques and the therapeutic process that I felt supportive and safe.
We are finally getting back on track, and my son got great grades and his anxiety basically disappeared, which improved in behaviour.
If ever I have further problems, you dear Dr Vesna and your practice would be the first I contact.
You truly are a wonderful therapist thank you so much. I would not hesitate to recommend you.
Mrs B P.
I am truly honoured and grateful to dr Vesna Eric-Kovacevic. She helped me a big deal to get along with lots of life troubles, always having a proper way how to do it without pushing myself. All of her professional advice and opinions have been working for me completely. And of course I keep seeing drVesna on regular basis. She is playing a big part in my emotional life support. With her I totally find myself, who I truly am deep inside. No doubt that drVesna is one of the greatest experts in her field.
Dear Dr Vesna,
I would like to say thank you for the work you have done for me. When I first came to see you, I felt deeply depressed and although it has been hard to face my problems. You have helped me a lot in ways I never thought it would be..
Your approach to forming understanding is amazing as well as showing your care. Knowing you care has help make this process a lot easier and more comfortable
Thank you for your help
I have known Vesna since she come to England, first as a neighbour and then as a friend.
I admire her very much-her work at the Tavistock and her dedication to her subject. I am particularly interested in her use of art with therapy as I am a retired historian of art and my husband was a psychologist. I have found her progress with interest.
Historian of Art
“Vesna’s talk is on “The Power of Drawing’s”. Drawing has its own language and facilitates to further the sub consciousness of our minds. Her study and depth of understanding will reveal some of the inner meaning.”
Prof. Dr Amal Ghosh, artist and art psychotherapist